Click Pen Issues...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redneckmedic

EZ GRASP GELWRITER 24KT GOLD CLICK PEN KIT
PKEZPEN.jpg

This click pen kit isn't functioning as expected. The upper assembly is contacting the inside of the brass barrel and will not release back into the upward sprung position. I'm positive its not from an excess of CA in the tube as I used a plug when gluing. I cleared the tube from debris before assembly as well. I can't disassemble the pen, as I'm afraid I will ruin the plastic connector piece with my steel punch set against the soft plastic.The pen does lock into the down position.

Anyone have any disassembly or fixing it solutions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I run into this problem ever once in a while. Sometimes I find that the refill itself is a little to large for the hole in the end of the pen and binds. As Ed states, you can stretch out the spring, or take a file and round off the buldge in the metal end of the refill. One way to tell if this is happening, is to remove the refill and try pushing it out the pen end by hand. You should be able to feel it bind. Also with the point stuck in the out position, press it down on a hard surface and see if it retracts. Jim S

LagniappeRob

I ran into this on another pen with using a EZ-Flow refill because of the sticker. I replaced with a SuperBowl (no sticker) and it was fine. (Maybe I have those backwards...) The sticker was just enough to cause a hang up.

I ran into this on another pen with using a EZ-Flow refill because of the sticker. I replaced with a SuperBowl (no sticker) and it was fine. (Maybe I have those backwards...) The sticker was just enough to cause a hang up.

Had the same problem with a twist pen. The "Private Reserve" label was causing the hangup. Took the label off and worked fine.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Had the same problem with a twist pen. The "Private Reserve" label was causing the hangup. Took the label off and worked fine.
I don't think any private reserve refills made recently have the sticker....

Top Bottom