Cleaning the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gofer

Gofer

I was told by the wife to clean the garage.

Needless to say I shoveled out the bulk of the stuff on the floor into the waste container and then vacuumed the floor. Not content that she would accept that small improvment I started putting everything away and throwing out a bunch of stuff I havent needed in a long time and did not see a use for.

Well in the middle of this I found and old bowl blank that I started who knows how long ago and decided to finish it. (Wife had gone to work) Well it turned out nice enough that my wife has wrapped it up for her cousins wedding. Yet I got in trouble becuse I had made another mess in the garage and not cleaned it up ... again.

The bowl is 13 1/8" in dia and 5 1/2" tall. Not positive but I believe it is made from a chunk of an Elm tree that was removed for a new freeway on the north end of the city about 4 years ago. The blank had cracked originally and the cracks had been filled with CA, not great fix but it works. The only other thing I would have changed is the base would be a bit thinner.

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

Bruce

Last edited:

robutacion

Hey, I was starting to wonder if you remember how to turn, has been that long ago...!:frown:

As for you being in troubles with the wife regardless, one gets used to it and is like, something is not right is when you are not in troubles, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Is good to see you doing some turnings mate, any turnings...!

I can't tell you what the wood is, I know is not from me and it looks like my local Ash so, I don't know but, it looks quite pretty. Shame for those line cracks running across, they are always a difficult issue to deal with and doesn't seem to make much difference on how you fill them, they always seem to show so, you done a good job, considering...!

Cheers
George

Last edited by a moderator:

Gofer

It has been far too long since I had the time to do any real amount of turning George. Maybe a dozen pens since last fall and now this bowl. Isn't it funny how life just seems to get in the way of us doing the things we would like to do?

As for being in trouble, well I guess I deserve it the garage was way to cluttered and messy. Even I could not come up with a bad reason not to clean it up let alone a good one ; )

Bruce

robutacion

It has been far too long since I had the time to do any real amount of turning George. Maybe a dozen pens since last fall and now this bowl. Isn't it funny how life just seems to get in the way of us doing the things we would like to do?

As for being in trouble, well I guess I deserve it the garage was way to cluttered and messy. Even I could not come up with a bad reason not to clean it up let alone a good one ; )

Bruce

Yeah, life priorities tend to get in the way of the pleasure times, some of these are more messy/dusty than others, we certainly have a messy hobby...!

I would hate to think, if I had do what I do confined to a "shared" garage, I don't thing so however, you don't cut/process as much wood as I do but, I know, it doesn't take a lot of wood to created a big mess, huh...???:biggrin:

As for being in troubles, that's all part of life...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom