cleaning MM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodWizard

How do you guys clean your Micro mesh pads? Like get the old slurry off...so you dont mix it into another pen...just wash it out with water?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

How do you guys clean your Micro mesh pads? Like get the old slurry off...so you dont mix it into another pen...just wash it out with water?

Keith; Yep, I use the 3" x 6" cloth backed sheets. I cut them lengthwise into 3 or 4 strips. Write the grit numbers on each grit. Dip in water with each use, wipe off any slurry and any on the pen too! When they are shiny, put in a mesh laundry bag and wash on gentle cycle. Don't tell SWMBO why you want her stocking bag. :biggrin:

WoodWizard

Thanks for the quick replys...I thought that was the only way to do it. Here might be a real dumb question.( im full of them) can you use MM to dry sand as well? or just wet sanding?

thanks again

Daniel

I only dry sand with MM. lasts longer supposedly if you wet sand. Mine already lasts for well over 100 pens so I am not to worried about it. I clean my MM by wiping it on my blue jeans. I have washed it with soap and water before when it was really bad. I see more reason to wet sand to reduce heat on the blank than to save the MM by the way.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Mine only comes out of the water to touch a pen blank or when I want
to give them a better cleaning with an old toothbrush or vegetable brush.
Then they go back into fresh water with a few drops of dish soap. I've had
some of my sets for a year or more.

Yes, you can dry sand wood with them. I just prefer not to.

Top Bottom