Classic Nib Wood ID Contest Day 14

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Here's my last go at it for the nights.... Spanish Cedar.
Good luck and good night all !

Then I see the clue... Cedar- not a hard wood

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chrisjan

bugger! (I could have sworn...)

Thanks for at least letting me be part of the chase this morning - I'll have to pay much more attention to Eucalyptus... Here we disregard it a not so favoured wood - "bloekom" in Afrikaans - use that in a fireplace or on a braai after the meat is done to get some flames going again...

Last edited:

firewhatfire

I just looked at your goblets and was fixingto guess camphor here only to see the game has ended.

bugger! (I could have sworn...)

Thanks for at least letting me be part of the chase this morning - I'll have to pay much more attention to Eucalyptus... Here we disregard it a not so favoured wood - "bloekom" in Afrikaans - use that in a fireplace or on a braai after the meat is done to get some flames going again...

OKLAHOMAN

Bruce, congratulations, but we have a problem, this thermometer is in Fahrenheit and you measure in Celsius, well it'll make a nice wall decoration.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Bruce, congratulations, but we have a problem, this thermometer is in Fahrenheit and you measure in Celsius, well it'll make a nice wall decoration.
Not to worry Roy - he's in Canada and at -40 C and F are the same. Below -40 he'll be happy that F is a bigger - number than C so it will appear even colder giving him even more "deep freeze" bragging rights.

Gofer

Roy, we will be alright I understand both scales ... most of the time.

And Smitty is right, at below -40 it would be nice for the thermometer to be wrong, unfortunately if the shop ever gets that cold I will not see the thermometer until a new heater gets installed.

Glad you guys are looking out for your northern neighbors.

Bruce

Top Bottom