Civil War Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from taz62pm

taz62pm

Civil War pen with Buckeye Burl and CA finish. This was my first attempt at this particular pen.

CivilWar1a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fredito

Very very nice pen. I really like the color combination. I am a huge civil war buff and have the same kit sitting somewhere in a UPS truck...I have a nice splated pecan blank I was going to put it on (seems fitting as long as I don't blow up the blank). I really wanted to find a price of wood from a barn or house or something from the civil war, or wood from an old tree on a battle feild, but couldn't. I ordered the kit and realized I don't have a larger barrel trimmer...doh!

taz62pm

I used Buckeye Burl because I thought it might look more like something from that time period. It is so easy to turn, but smells mighty musty when turning. It took the CA finish so nicely, I was impressed with it. Thanks for looking and commenting on it. Paul

Fredito

I couldn't agree more about the appropriateness of using buckeye burl, especially since I had family that served during the civil war in ohio regiments. I'm going to have to see what I can do about rounding up some buckeye now!

Top Bottom