Circulating Blood - CLOSED END PHOTO ADDED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Thanks, James. I think a double cross needs to be added to your project list!!

And another question.....was the cap lamination cut at 45° ?? I've been expecting some folks to experiment with angles other than 45°; but haven't seen any such efforts yet.

Randy,

You're welcome. Not sure what you mean by a double cross, but I think that is what this one was. Four laminations. That form a double cross.

The lams were done at 45 degrees. I will likely try some other angles and variations eventually.

Fangar

Fangar

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />James,
The lamination in this pen looks perfect. You must have your drilling down to a 1,000th tolerance. I'm lucky to hit the right end.[8D] I guess I'm the only one who prefers the chrome end laminated version, but I see why most people prefer the closed end version. I don't mind a little "busy" in a pen. They are both spectacular though. That's not a pen I would want to keep in my pocket. It would have to go on a mantle or a showcase. I haven't ever turned either a laminate, a closed end, or that kit, so I am not sure how much work it is. It seems like a lot, but the end result of both efforts look to be worth the time. I'm getting in some blackwood, for laminations, so I would love to try that next.
Rob
http://www.Idon'thaveawebsiteyet.pout

Rob,

Thank you for the kind words. Drilling really is pinnacle on a laminated desing to make it come out right. Though I drill 99% of my stock on a simple drill press, I always drill laminations and other things I need spot on, on the lathe. I have a really nice Nova Chuck with tons of different jaws for all kinds of stock. It nails pretty much dead center with very little setup.

P.S. I like your website! [:D]

Fangar

Randy_

Originally posted by Fangar<br />...Not sure what you mean by a double cross, but I think that is what this one was. Four laminations. That form a double cross....

James: It must have been late when I wrote that.......fogged my brain. In looking at your picture again, it is clear that there are 4 laminations...the classic double X. My apology for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom