Circuit Board Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bruce119

Don_Hart

It is definitely a very impressive pen. I have been sending links to many of my co workers and fiends and they are impressed as well.

Now not to take away from all the work you did sanding it all down, I was wondering in this day and age of photo quality printers if you though of wrapping the tube in the picture of a circuit board and what it would look like?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Originally posted by Don_Hart

I was wondering in this day and age of photo quality printers if you though of wrapping the tube in the picture of a circuit board and what it would look like?

You know I thought of that also and I actually tried it with snake skin. I make a lot of snake skin blanks. I tried printing some skin to try and imitate. It just doesn't work. You just CAN'T imitate that 3-D look you can tell it was printed.

Thanks
Bruce

2good2burn

So as someone who works at a facility that actually MAKES the printed circuit boards, this pen facinates me!! I buy the raw boards and electronic parts that go on it, and I have been in mfg where they've made these. How did you round the populated board?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
My company make lots of PCBs, unfortunately we moved our board assembly to Puerto Rico so it is not that easy to get my hands on scrap boards. Since our cheapest board is over $5K, I don't think that I'll be using a good one!

I think that I will ask around and see if we have scrapped any CRM boards.

Before wrapping the board around the tube, did you sand it down to single layer?

bitshird

Bruce that is a very unusual pen, and it looks super, I too am amazed at least weekly with some of the out of the box ideas, Great work, I'll bet it was rough sanding the board thin enough to wrap. [^][^][^][^]

Top Bottom