Cindy Drozd copy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

I attended an all day demo with Cindy in Canada last weekend. After 2 funnels, a blowout and a finial gone astray, this finally got done. I think I will stick with larger, more manageable pieces. Great experience, though. This is 5.5' tall, 2.5" in diameter, including finial. Figured maple and purple heart. 2 views, same piece.

Attachments

• small lidded box 005 - Copy.JPG
    small lidded box 005 - Copy.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 185
  • small lidded box 014 - Copy.JPG
    small lidded box 014 - Copy.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice, I have made a few Finial Boxes but my finials are nothing like Cindys

David Keller

That looks good, Glenn. I know Cindy is a heck of turner, but how is she as a teacher? I just wondered in case I ever have a chance to take a course with her.

I felt she was an excellent teacher, she gave good information about her tools, wood selection, talked while she was turning, explaining just what she was doing. I'd recommend you jump at the chance to see her when you get it.

That looks good, Glenn. I know Cindy is a heck of turner, but how is she as a teacher? I just wondered in case I ever have a chance to take a course with her.

Edward Cypher

Cindy is a member of both the FRWT and RMWT here in Colorado. She has done many demos for the clubs and I highly recommend if you can take a class from her do so. My wife who had never turned before took Cindy's women turners beginner class and loved it. Cindy offers a ton of information when she teaches or demos. You will definitely walk away with information overload. But it is well worth it.

Bellsy

Glenn, don't get to discouraged with the finials. It takes a lot of time and patience to master Cindy's work. I believe we were both at the same Demo (London? TVWG) ...I was the one who won her Banksia turning. On top of the all day demo I also attended one of her all day workshops last Thursday. It was a fun filled day and her techniques appear to be quite easy, but then reality sets in and the finials are much more difficult to master. As far as being an instructor, Cindy is excellent and does a great presentation followed up with excellent hands on demonstrating. Cindy covers everything from sharpening, design, materials, turning and finishing. It was 2 days well spent as far as I am concerned.

Dave

Top Bottom