Cincinnati Woodcraft Liquidation?!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

FYI - just received an email that the Cincinnati Woodcraft is having a liquidation sale starting tomorrow (Saturday) at 9AM :confused:. 15% to 50% off everything except some of the tools. Also selling some of their classroom tools. I was there on Tuesday and their pen kit supply was quite low - said they would be getting more in for the weekend . . .

I know the owner has been trying to sell the store for a little while.

Now I need to talk to my wife about our budget:eek:

Dave Lyons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Sad news for you. When we lost our store in Peoria, IL, we not only lost a place to buy, we lost our meeting place for the woodworking and woodturning clubs. It's a hit you will remember for a long time!

Carl Fisher

Sorry you're loosing your Woodcraft.

Wonder how long they'll be selling off. We're making a trip to Cincinnati for a long Easter weekend and would love to take a swing by.

lyonsacc

Visited the store today. Currently at 15% off most stuff.

"Everything" must go by the end of March. The doors will be closed for a month or so and then it will reopen as a corporate owned Woodcraft (it is currently franchise owned).

jfoh

They moved into a store four times larger and never kept it stocked. The rent must be a big amount each month also. Nice people working there and their prices were reasonable if you knew what to buy. Bought several Power tools when they were on sale.

But I have more pen stuff than they do. Lumber, both exotic and domestic, is very limited. Too often I went there looking for an item and ended up going to Rockler around the corner. If you miss too often then people just do not bother stopping by very often. Hope the staff does not suffer from all the changes.

lyonsacc

Sounds like they will be keeping most of the staff - and the guy I talked with said they shouldn't have the inventory problems when corporate takes over.

Top Bottom