Cigar's and Sierra's---all dressed up in wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jdoug5170

jdoug5170

Here are some of the different wood pens that I've finished since starting this 3 months ago. Now if I could just figure out which woods they are!

All are finished with CA/BLO....what a trip it has been learning that!

Attachments

• exotic wood cigars.jpg
    exotic wood cigars.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Sierra woods.jpg
    Sierra woods.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Nice pens, but you might want to turn off your flash:thunder:, fold over jewelry tags will help in cataloging the pens so you won't have to rely on memory:befuddled:

Beautiful pens, and a lot of nice work! I just finished viewing your PR cast pens in the other post, but have to say I favor the wood versions. Beartooth woods sells some Tyvek fold-over tags that fit the bill nicely for wood ID and pricing (if you plan on selling your work).

jdoug5170

Thank you for your kind words.

I do have the little tags, and I tried them initially and then removed...they just looked tacky to me when I opened up my case with 48 of the little white tags were there...

As an aside, for me, it would sure help if the vendors that we purchase the blanks from would label them.... I've been buying some ebay blanks and they don't even include an invoice showing the types...pure guessing game by the time they arrive.

Ah well, having too much fun...

Doug

Top Bottom