Cigar pens in acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PatrickTaylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickTaylor

This my first time turning acrylic. Thanks for looking.
Comments and suggestions welcome!

891833663_215c8a49ac.jpg

892681160_32c0cc0b60.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Nice work, Patrick. The second blank would look good with a copper kit as well.

Was just about to say that I turned that blank with a copper kit for a Christmas present to one of my staff and it went very well.

Good job on the pens, I like that first blank.

PatrickTaylor

Originally posted by TBone

Good job on the pens, I like that first blank.

Thanks. The first one is penmaker's choice "polar ice" from CUSA. It's pretty translucent so I painted the tubes with metallic silver and you can see the effect in bright light, but not in typical light. It's a nice bonus feature. [;)]

hughbie

i took a copper and rust acrylic acetate and put it with a satin copper kit and it looks great. i even had to make another one to sell to a friend for his pastor. it's beautiful.

your's looks great. i love wood but getting into the plastics cause of the vast color selection and the quick turn-around

PatrickTaylor

Originally posted by hughbie
<br />your's looks great. i love wood but getting into the plastics cause of the vast color selection and the quick turn-around

Thanks! I'm liking hte acrylic so far. The wild patterns are real eye catchers. I see myself doing both in the end because I think they have distinct markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom