Cigar pen feedback from a customer....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fat Boy

I finally got some feedback about my pens. I turn mostly cigars and have a customer that has bought quite a few. His only complaint was the double transmission.. when you turn it the oppostite way the transmission unscrews and makes it seem like a cheap pen. I have tightened the transmission as tight as i can but when they are new they are rather stiff and still unscrew. Is there a fix for this or is anyone else have the same problem? I am thinking a tiny drop of loctite on the transmission and telling the customer the refill goes in thru the nib side. any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fat Boy

The problem is not with the double twist transmission, i like that feature as do most of the people i make them for, just when you go counter clockwise the new transmissions are so stiff, they unscrew. no matter how tight i make them i always get that problem, i usually just twist it back and fourth a few minutes to loosen it up some but i was looking for an easier fix.

terryf

The problem is not with the double twist transmission, i like that feature as do most of the people i make them for, just when you go counter clockwise the new transmissions are so stiff, they unscrew. no matter how tight i make them i always get that problem, i usually just twist it back and fourth a few minutes to loosen it up some but i was looking for an easier fix.

aha now Im with you. I have had this with a few Sierra's and know the frustration!

Hope you find a fix...

MarkD

I have experienced this also. I'm thinking about trying a spot of locktite on the transmission threads. Has anyone tried that?

Mark

I haven't tried Loctite, although I haven't had any complaints either. I find the Hart Double twist to be a very popular pen for the same reason. (the double twist tranny)

leestoresund

Loctite?
I use Loctite on other pens for other reasons.
You can release Loctite with a little DNA.
Just for future reference when your customer wants to put in a new refill.

Lee

alphageek

Former Moderator
I have experienced this also. I'm thinking about trying a spot of locktite on the transmission threads. Has anyone tried that?

Yep... Even the more permanent works find since there is normally no reason to unscrew that part (since on the cigars I've used, you can remove the nib to get at the refill).

jlord

I had the same problem of transmissions coming loose on cigars & sierra's. I use small amount of blue loctite as it's removable. It has solved my problem.

Top Bottom