Cigar Key Ring . . . . . . Sorta.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

A few months ago, I was making a cigar pen (my 1st cigar pen at the time) out of red dino bone tru stone. It took me forever to get the blanks close to turned. In fact I was taking a break, when it hit me that I'd messed up the bushing order. To make a long story short, I ended up with some really cool brass tubes encased with dino bone tru stone. :mad:

Then one day I was looking at other projects & looked at the key ring kits. I noticed that one called a secret compartment key ring kit used 10mm tubes. Having a mind like a steel trap (one that's rusted shut), I moved on to other things. Then about a week later I was thinking of ordering some extra tubes for cigars (gee, I wonder why I needed them :redface:). Then it hit me that I could make key rings out of my worthless turned dino blanks.

So I ordered some kits & put this together. It is actually 2 kits so I could have a set of keys on each end. The fit isn't perfect, but it's close enough for me to use. And if I ever want to shine it up, I can just unscrew the keys, and put it back on the lathe to polish.

DinoKeyChain.jpg

BSea

I got them from woodturningz. I think they sell them at PSI too.

EDIT: There is also a toothpick holder key ring. It's the same concept, but it's not the same tube size as a cigar. So if you're doing salvage work like I was, don't order the toothpick keyring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom