..Cigar blank casting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

..these two will be my first attempt as I tried to emulate some realistic tobacco leaves and I "think" have done it? These are in the prep stage! I'll find out in a few days! I'll most likely cast them in Alumilte as PR really takes a glossy sheen to it. I will knock down the finish....maybe! Be well.....Jan

Attachments

• DSC02513.jpg
    DSC02513.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Those are really nice! I played around with some paint on a tube recently and turned out decent but no where near that. Any tips?
..after I perfect what I am trying to do I will be up for sharing. What I like about this so far is that the covering , to me, looks like rolled leaves. What do you think? I still have to cast em! Thanks and be well....Jan

southernclay

Awesome. Yes that's exactly what grabbed my attention. Having that texture there is great. I've thought about trying some actual leaves as well. Sort of have my doubts on that though. Life's too busy to play much right now so down the road maybe. Hope the casting goes well, keep up the great work Jan.

Janster

real leaves do not work, at least for me! I tried wrapping them green and when they dried out they disintegrated. If you try it when they are green, sealing them, that too did not work. I have been trying this for a while and I am hopeful that this will work Thanks for your kind words and be well....Jan

JohnU

I recently finished a couple similar to yours. Some issues I had were air bubbles along the wrap even under pressure. The color in the bands also blead in pr even after clear spraying. My last was sealed in a couple coats of ca the day before casting and seem ok, but I was using PR and haven't tried alumilite yet. So many ideas and so little time. Lol.
Good luck and I hope they work out for you!

Janster

....I think I will CA prior to casting too. Maybe one w/CA and one w/Mod Podge? I need to let em vent for another day! Thanks for your input! Be well......Jan

Janster

they're cookin'

..I decided to go w/PR. 1/2 hour in and clear as glass so far and no air bubbles. I am hopeful! Will post em' when done, getting anxious already! Be well....Jan

Top Bottom