christian themed design help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cloven

My Aunt on my Mothers side wants me to make three pens for her daughters for Easter next year. Her only two requests are that the blank material be pink (she wants it to be girly) and the overall pen have a christian theme, as it will be Easter when she gives it to them. Neither my Aunt nor myself are Christian, but I know that a number of you are, so I am asking you for your design opinions.
My plan was to do a slimline pen in chrome, with a pink acrylic body. I would then use a chrome cross clip. I am wondering about the lower barrel half, would putting a decal there make it too complicated? The cross on the clip is a little subdued, and my aunt said she wants it to have overt christian tones because their husbands aren't too fond of them getting gifts from their mom, but won't touch their church related stuff. I was thinking a decal on the lower barrel might add to it, but something that would look OK on the pink body, and decently compact on a slim body. I could use some ideas/suggestions. A symbol, phrase, prayer, etc.
Cheers,
David.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
David,
I personally like the symbol of the fish (ichthus) combined with the cross. That could be the graphic for your lower barrel. For the upper, maybe add a verse reference, Romans 10:9-13.

Attachments

• ichthus1.jpg
    ichthus1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 110

Dan Masshardt

No slimlines with cheezy clips for me.

I'd go with the Pacifica 'fishers of men' kit from woodpenpro.com. It is a Sierra style with the 'christian fish' symbol on the bands.

Then any pink material. Pink dyed box elder or buckeye would be classy. Or acrylic material. Or I actually like pink spectraply. Or pink ivory.

No slimlines with cheezy clips for me.

I'd go with the Pacifica 'fishers of men' kit from woodpenpro.com. It is a Sierra style with the 'christian fish' symbol on the bands.

Then any pink material. Pink dyed box elder or buckeye would be classy. Or acrylic material. Or I actually like pink spectraply. Or pink ivory.

Careful with Pink Ivory... it has a tendency to crack.

Sub Vet 10

There are several Christian themed Laser inlay kits from Kallenshaan also (Sierra). That would be my choice.

jondavidj

Kallenshaan has a cross and christian fish, Lazerlinez has the christian fish and praying hands (I can't keep a praying hands one, as soon as I make it, it is gone) and Scott Lincoln has some with a cross he showed me yesterday and also makes a blank with the Psalms 23 verse. He can also do any color for you. finewoodpens.com Hope that helps.

Top Bottom