Choosing a vacuum pump...opinions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paladin

I have been looking for an inexpensive deal on Craigslist...and I am tired of waiting. I may have to pay $130 for this...

51c4We4eUfL.jpg

It is a factory refurb with a 1 year warranty.

Robinair 15600 6 CFM Vacuum Pump

Details -- 6 cfm 115 volt 2-stage design cleans the system more thoroughly than a single-stage pump

Second stage starts pumping at a lower pressure so you can pull a deeper ultimate vacuum

Oil drain valve is positioned at the bottom of the oil reservoir and angled for faster and more complete draining

Heavy-Duty Motor is high torque design for easy startup and efficient operation

Die-cast aluminum housing make the pumps lightweight but durable

Would this be a good choice for stabilizing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yes, that would be a good pump. I believe all of the Robinair Cool Tech series are made in the US while the vacumaster series are made in Asia. An American made pump is re-buildable while the Asian pumps are considered disposable. This information was provided to me directly by a Robinair tech support person.

Paladin

Yes, that would be a good pump. I believe all of the Robinair Cool Tech series are made in the US while the vacumaster series are made in Asia. An American made pump is re-buildable while the Asian pumps are considered disposable. This information was provided to me directly by a Robinair tech support person.

I thought it would work, just did not know if $130 (+-) was fair for this pump...it is factory refurbished and comes with a 1 year warranty.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yes, that is a good price on that pump. I would buy it if I needed pump. That pump will be MUCH better than any HF pump for similar money!

sbell111

I've had my POS HF pump for a number of years now. It's done the job that I needed it to without fail. When it dies, I'll likely chunk it and buy another.

Top Bottom