Cholla Cactus NO RESIN!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jonrms

jonrms

I wanted to try something a bit differant... so I did.
I used copper powder and CA..
I coated the cactus in CA, let it dry. Then packed it like a (well you can see!) with copper filling... then I added to it...

it goes to show you dont need to have resin for some of these projects.. although not perfect.. ie I couldnt be bothered fully and it was only a quick experiment... you get the idea... its on a Mesa pen kit.

dscf7590.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-07-01

dscf7591.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-07-01

dscf7592x.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-06-30

dscf7593i.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-06-30

dscf7610.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-06-30

jonrms

I was going to use and still might make another with metalic jewels instead of the bronze powder... I already had a mate who seen it on the forum ask is that the brass tube... I said no.... its all bronze powder!!! easy mistake.. but when you see it in life (person) you can see that it came up like metal... its lovely and shiny!

I do make my own resins but I thought let those wanting to try something differant have a alternative! you dont need to know how to cast resins or any of that.. make it look like well what I did.. and you can then turn it..

simple.. put bronze powder or what ever you want in the void of the cactus.. or what ever piece of wood your useing... then add CA.. let it dry move on to the next. this whole cactus thing took probably 2 hours to make from start to finish... I did let it dry during the day longer only because I had to stop for my kids.... but use thin CA.

Top Bottom