Chocolate Mint Lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

How transparent is this stuff? I just drill the blanks for a Berea European fountain pen and will color the tubes if they're going to need it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I haven't turned mine yet, Gerry, but it's always best to be on the safe side just in case. I don't think I needed to color the tubes for the tiger, but I did.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
You can't see thru the chocolate mint...which is more than I can say about many of the others. Of course, you may want to consider that I seem to have a horseshoe firmly embedded up my keester when it comes to making pens. [8D]

mick

I think I painted mine just to be on the safe side, as I did with the black rose also.....been burnt once too many times by "plastics" I thought were opaque enough. I've gotten to where I try shining a light through the blank and judging just how transparent it is. I've got lots of crat paint so I'll mix a little in a close color and paint the tubes ........or the inside of the blank to be safe. Doesn't take that much longer you've safe!
Another thing I've noticed with some of the "clearer" ie lighter plastics I've glued up is glue bubbles showing when I paint the tubes. So I've started painting the insides of the blanks on these. Makes for a smooth undersurface and no glue showing through the blanks!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wayneis
<br />I hate todisagree with you Lou but at least some of the chocolate mint need painting. Yup I learned the hard way.

Wayne
No problem, Wayne. That just confirms that the horseshoe is still in place. [8D]

LanceD

Gerry I've painted the tubes and the inside of the blank black and at times green. When painting green I find that the finished pen is looks more in line with the color of the blank and when painting black the finished pen comes out a darker shade of mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom