Chicago Chapter survey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

How long would you have to drive to get to a meeting in Woodridge (off I355)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark is attempting to set up a Chicagoland Chapter of IAP. He has done the "spade work" and located a meeting point, that would be in Woodridge, off I355. He is attempting to determine a good day to meet.

Toward that end, it seems to me that the travel time will be a very large factor. A weekday meeting in the evening is probably not feasible, if people are traveling over an hour to arrive.

So, if you would like to be a member of the Chicago IAP chapter, how long will it take you to travel to Woodridge?

Thanks for your input!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I voted for over 2 hrs, only because I would be staying overnight with one of my sons in Chicago - so I am OK with weekday, or weekend. But I realize my travel ability is different than most folks.

Krub411

I am interested in being a member of the Chicago IAP chapter. I live in Oswego just West of Woodridge so I am less than 1 hour from Woodcraft.
Thanks

Krub411

I also should state that if it was not held Woodridge I would travel about 60-90 minutes to get to meeting if it was held on a quarterly schedule.
Thanks

gbpens

I too am local having frequented the Woodridge store often enough to know some of the people working there. Also, being retired gives me flexibility on meetings days or times.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks like a fair number of members could make it!!

After AAW, we will try to organize--right now, I expect Mark is concentrating on his demos!! (Never know, he might be enticed to give them again at the first "Chicago meeting"!!) Hard to get nationwide "talent"!!

mg_dreyer

Sorry for the delay - but yes you are correct. I am planning on moving forward on this in a few weeks. I am also in a few local clubs so I will be putting out the details to them also. Based on what I see the weekend will be a better day. I will work with WoodCraft to grab a couple of days.

As yes - I am working on a series of demos and projects for Atlanta. I am trying to present my 20 years of pen making into 90 minutes. I have a nice "storyboard" of 7 different wood finishing techniques on both an oily wood (cocobolo) as well as a finish friendly wood (tulipwood). Some coloring techniques for wood. Cutting acrylic with only a gouge on a JohnU blank - in 2 or 3 cuts. Coloring acrylic. Drilling antler. Improving acrylic finishing. And making a steam punk crushed penny / casting in general (with ptownsubbie molds). Hope hope I can entertain, inform, and hopefully get a few new pen turners.

Thanks for the follow up - and sorry for the delay.

Top Bottom