cherry wall st clicks and slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from railrider1920

railrider1920

Hi folks,
I got a few pens made in the last couple of week. Thought that I'd show them off and see what you all have to say about them. I think that this might be my 2np post here in SOYP. Good or bad, thanks for your thoughts.

First up is a segmented one I did. The slightly darker wood is African mahogany. The others are spalted cherry. Bad picture, sorry.
P6113314.jpg

And the resulting pen. It didn't turn out as nice as I was hoping, but I still like it. Wall St II click.
P6123360.jpg

A couple of slimlines I made for my wife to give to some friends. Cherry and the end caps(?) are spalted cherry
P6063307.jpg

Another wall st II click. Also spalted cherry
P6213419.jpg

I had this piece of cherry and wanted to see what would come of it. I cut it so that I could have some of the regular wood and some of the bark, or whatever that inclusion is (on the right side), which had some really nice figure in it.. It didn't turn out good at all. The "bark" soaked up the BLO and CA when I went to finish it and it turned black. The other side of it was nice, but not the black side. I turned it all off and made the above pen from this kit.
Candidate for an ugly pen contest.
P6123350.jpg

P6123366.jpg

P6123365.jpg

Thanks for checking them out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

railrider1920

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Well Cav, I don't drive the train, just work inside of it with the passengers. Sometimes I'd rather be "driving" it though.

Karl, I flipped out when I cut that piece of wood and saw that pattern inside it. I keep that one in my pocket at work. I keep a close eye on it when I'm asked to lend it out.

Top Bottom