Cherry Burl Mill set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

Here's a salt mill and peppermill set out of Cherry Burl. Made these for a friend's upcoming wedding present. The salt mill ended up just slightly taller but both are about 10". Finish is walnut oil (Dr Woodshop). These are my third and fourth mill so pretty pleased overall. Making the first is way more fun than the second one. The first is creative and the next copying :biggrin:Thought about using some filler but decided they looked better rustic and craggy. These were cut out of the same burl, I was able to get four mill blanks out of it but these two had the most burl out of the four blanks. Hope you like them, C&C is welcome and appreciated!

Attachments

• DSCF6179.jpg
    DSCF6179.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF6194.jpg
    DSCF6194.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Thanks man!

Hmmmmm....so the second one actually came off the chuck at one point...not violently but a demo may not be the safest for me to do just yet : )

I may could have a few blanks turned to different stages and discuss the steps if anyone would be interested in that. Safer at least.

Plus you or Kent could get a break. Y'all are gonna have to be put on payroll before long haha

Top Bottom