Cherry Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobindayton

bobindayton

A couple bowls made from cherry. Someday I will get this white balance figured out. . . .maybe
Comments welcome
Bob

Attachments

• 100_0005.jpg
    100_0005.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0006.jpg
    100_0006.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 125
  • Cherry Pedistal Bowl001_edited.jpg
    Cherry Pedistal Bowl001_edited.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Cherry Pedistal Bowl002_edited.jpg
    Cherry Pedistal Bowl002_edited.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 131

Fred

Bob... nicely executed bowls.

As for your 'white balance' problems ... Be sure that ALL your lights are a) the same brand manufacturer, or, 2) the same type - don't mix fluorescent and incandescent bulbs, 3) they are about the same age, 4) they are all the same wattage, etc. Also bulbs in a reflector type shield MAY tend to overpower some nearby bulbs and cause exposure problems.

Try moving your lighting around and see if you can get a better mixture of light. Moving back from your area being photographed will only cause you to make exposure adjustments and refocusing.

IF you are using a digital camera, and this day and age is there anything else, you can try to bracket your exposures ... that is make one shot at each of the apertures on your lens. If you are using the automatic shutter feature - where the camera selects the shutter speed - you should realise a greater depth of field at certain apertures that are better exposures that the others. These 'areas' will be the prime exposure range of your particular camera. They all vary, but the lens combinations all have their 'sweet spots.'

IF you are using a digital camera the only thing you are 'spending' is time on making the aperture adjustments. BTW, these changes will show up much better on the PC monitor that they every will on the camera's viewing screen.

Have fun and experiment until you get it right! :biggrin:

Nicely done Bob.... really like the second one.... that is a pretty piece of wood and nice form.

I had a piece I was working on last week that was going to turn out similar to your.... just as I was cleaning up the rim, it exploded into multiples pieces... do you know how hard it is to dodge 4 or 5 pieces of an 11" bowl that exploding all over the place.:eek::biggrin:

nava1uni

I learned from another turner not to shoot photos against a white background, but rather a gray cloth and your light won't be so reflected and bounce around so much. It will affect your white balance.

Top Bottom