Charlie Rocks !!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I recently did a bit of a trade with Charlie ( NewLondon008 :biggrin: )
I sent him a padded envelope and he hired a container ship!!!!!!:redface::biggrin:
Thanks again Charlie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Below are two Zens. One gold, one silver ( obviously, I hear you say:rolleyes: )
But see if you can spot the difference:wink: or should that be the similarity:wink:

I'll post one more pic that will reveal all in a minute, but see if you can guess first:biggrin:

Attachments

• GoldZen2.jpg
    GoldZen2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 321
  • GoldZen.jpg
    GoldZen.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 325
  • SilverZen2.jpg
    SilverZen2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 345
  • SilverZen.jpg
    SilverZen.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, I knew I could rely on you Jeff!!!!:biggrin:

They are just a couple of Zens, nothing special:wink:

Believe it or not, the similarity is that they are both from the same mix of resin that Charlie made. :eek:
The difference is that the inside of the blank on the gold one was painted black, while the other was painted white. Massive change hey?
Below is a pic of the off cuts, turned to about the same diameter and each painted.
Now you can't do THAT with wood, can you??:biggrin:

Attachments

• ZenOffCuts2.jpg
    ZenOffCuts2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 238

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Wow .. I never tried it with black. With blue, they came out great. With red, they
came out ... not so great.
I definitely like yours better.

Ligget

Gorgeous pens Steve, what a massive difference the tube colour makes, it opens up a load of different options for the penmaker. :cool:

Keep up the good work my friend as I always look forward to your postings! :eek::biggrin:

jyreene

Nice pens Skip. You could do that with wood....but if it changes the way the color of the wood looks I think you have been smoking some powerful stuff!

tim self

Very nice work from both of you. And if that isn't a good enough reason for painting tubes I don't know what is. Sometimes I look at a blank and think it's dark enough not to paint. These have changed my mind. I may start painting all tubes regardless of material. (that way I wont forget!) Thanks for posting Skippy

cnirenberg

Steven,
Very interesting to say the least. Gives me some ideas to work on. Both pens came out terrific. Charlie's blanks are top notch.

Rangertrek

Either way ......

BOTH are great looking pens and blanks. I would not have guessed that painting the tube would have made that much change in the final product. The materials must be very translucent. Great Job.

Top Bottom