Center Finder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Wood Peckers had a nice center finder that was a one shot deal and I didn't get my name on the list in time. In talking with them, they implied they might make more some time in the future, but this didn't help my immediate needs. I had some 1" 6065 T-6 aluminum stock so I decided to make my own center finder. Works like a champ.

Ben

Attachments

• making center finder.jpg
    making center finder.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 519
  • Center Finder.jpg
    Center Finder.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 749
  • using center finder.jpg
    using center finder.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Wood Peckers had a nice center finder that was a one shot deal and I didn't get my name on the list in time. In talking with them, they implied they might make more some time in the future, but this didn't help my immediate needs. I had some 1" 6065 T-6 aluminum stock so I decided to make my own center finder. Works like a champ.

Ben

Ben; That is sweet! If you can pardon my asking, How did you mount the stock to make the 45 degree angle?

BKelley

Gosh Guys,
You over whelm me. I would like to make each of you one of these center finders, but I'm just not set up to do this on a commercial basis. You really flatter my work with your request and thru my puffed up ego I really appreciate it. I wish Wood Peckers would carry this as regular stock. If they won't, maybe some one in this forum has a CNC mill that could mass produce them. Once again thanks for your
positive replies.

Ben

butchf18a

I have one from Woodpeckers and love it. Yours appears identical with exception yours isn't red. How does yours vary from heirs? Before making and selling have you ensured you aren't violating patents or pending patents.

gimpy

REALLY, if he makes them and sells them, that's one thing
now if he manufactures and sells them that is different.......

So, if I made a pen the same as someone else, does that infringe on a patent
Don't think so tim

Wow! Great job! Are you a tool maker/machinist by trade? How long does it take to make one and; I am like everyone else how many $$ ??

Top Bottom