celtic knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AnachitlPut

hey i was need help wraping my brain around it. can some post there pics of there blanks showing all for sides couse i am so lost on how to do it.
ps i tried the library, it didn't help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was going to post that same video, I made one yesterday with the same process, start with your blanks very flat, and square, it helps a lot, mark which end you will place against the stop block so you don't cut the wrong end! If you want less rings, just make two cuts, make the first one, glue in your contrasting wood, then flip it over and cut from the other side of the blank, you will have an "X" which will result in two rings, slicing into all four sides of the blank will yield 4

ctubbs

Making the blank has always been the easy part for me, getting that darn hole dead center is my killer. If the hole is off even slightly, the knot does not come out even on all sides, the further off the worse. Turn it like any segmenting. Any catch, even a very smell one, can be disaster. DAMHIKT Be absolutely sure that your infill material is the same thickness as the cutting blade otherwise you will end up with the rings having a step in them too. Best of luck and have fun.
Charles

Last edited:
Top Bottom