Cedar Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So my dad called me up yesterday and said he had a box full of cedar for me. So I headed over after work and picked it up. I stopped by my fellow turners place and gave him a few good size pieces too.

This morning with about an hour till I left for work I decided to make this slimline pen from some of the cedar my dad gave me. I haven't done a slim in a while and it was also weird getting the mandrel on the lathe since I have been doing TBC. Anyhow, it turned real fast. I made this one for the receptionist at work as she loves the pens I do and hasn't been able to afford to buy one. I had the decorative band for a while now so I threw that on there too. I did 2 coats thin CA and 4 coats med CA and did my MM wet all the way up. This is a chrome slimline kit. When I got to work I told her this was another one I did and asked her what she thought. She wow'd and carried on about it. I then told her I was glad she liked it because I made it for her. She was thrilled! She loved the smell of the cedar. Sorry for the picture, I was running late waiting for the CA to dry so it was a quick snap shot.

pen48-b.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

You should be on Hell's Kitchen, we'll call it "Pen-maker's Kitchen because you are able to complete the task under extreme pressure.
Was anyone yelling at you??

Very nice pen done in a short amount of time.

SDB777

You should be on Hell's Kitchen, we'll call it "Pen-maker's Kitchen because you are able to complete the task under extreme pressure.
Was anyone yelling at you??

Your wife making you watch that too? Gave me a chuckle!!!

Well done on the pen, glad the receipent enjoyed getting it! Makes you feel good just to do something for someone without any expectations.....at least I feel that way?!?!?

Scott (big and curvy) B

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I like the profile.I have done a few in cedar. and found it is real soft won't be long the wood will have battle scars on it adds to the charactor ........................

Mark

Very nice slimline Todd. Congrats on making her happy. That's all you can ask for. Some one that appreciates a kind gesture..... Nicely Done.

Top Bottom