Cedar gold Ti Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I think this may be one of my submissions to the rtjw auction.
It is cedar that I bought from another member here. It has been sitting around half done for way too long and since I actually got in front of the lathe this weekend I figured I ought to knock it out real quick.

20058161859_cedar%20jr%20gent%20crop%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

WOW, that is SHARP Kevin! Nice job on the fit (can't see the finish that well in the pic, but I'm sure it is good too).

Dario

FF looks great Kevin.

LOML love cedar...I am not a fan of it too much but warming up to it now. I should start collecting cedar, there are lits of it on a friend's ranch that they slash and burn every year.

Is that a manzanita burl that you used to prop the pen? I love that stuff...very tough but man is it worth it once finished.

dubdrvrkev

Yeah Dario, it is Manz root burl. It is some of the cut off from the pen I made awhile back. Very nice, but a real PITA to work with.
I wasn't a huge fan of Cedar but I didn't have any so... I am pleased with the results but I think it is a little soft for long term durability. I guess as long as its treated well it may not get too dinged up. I do really like the colors of it though. Turns and sands easy, so thats always a plus.

alamocdc

Very nice pen, Kevin! I also find it too soft for my liking and would probably not turn it if I didn't have requests for it. But it certainly sells well enough. [^]

elody21

This looks great! I am allergic to cedar so I never get the chance to us it! I love the angled grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom