Caution black powder shooters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hess

Must be nice to have the bucks to waste all those guns. If you dont know not to do those things you should not have the gun in your hand

What a waste:angry:

Darwinism doesn't have the effect it used to.

You can hurt yourself picking your nose if you jam your finger too far up your nose if you try. I can kill myself with a kitchen knife, drown myself in a toilet, fall down stairs.

You can't fix stupid.

Common sense is not a common virtue any longer.

snyiper

"You can't fix stupid."
There is a known cure it is made by several manufactures like Remington and Winchester!!!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I found that video very interesting - I know very little about muzzle loaders - I know you can't use smokeless in an old firearm, but it was neat to see the reason anyway.

It's also reinforced the idea in my mind that wood stocks seem better than composite! Those composite became plastic shrapnel!

bitshird

At the range I used to go to, there was some older gray beard, that was either on drugs or just that stupid, He was yacking away pouring powder straight out of his horn down the muzzle, he must have had three hundred grains of 3F and a tight patch, When he uncorked it, it split the breech and about 10 inches of barrel, Burned the crap out of the guy.
I think that's why they make powder measures, I made mine out of an elk antler tine. 150 grains of 2F, I must confess, I have used 3F in my flintlock, but only 100 grains , but it's built with a Green Mountain barrel.

Top Bottom