Catalpa or Catawba BOWL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

jtate

DSCN9898.jpg

DSCN9900.jpg

DSCN9905.jpg

Comments? (other than on the fact that the grass needs mowing)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtate

Cav, there is MUCH more of this tree to be had!

My Dad may be cutting up the rest of the tree in turnable chunks. Hs plan was to just haul it to a gulch he's trying to fill with brush. [:0] He thinks it's too light for firewood.

I'll be trying to convince him of the merits of cutting it up for wood-turners (mostly me).

It's really light and dry. This bowl was turned last night and is exceptionally thin- walled. It's had time to warp if it was going to but it hasn't warped at all.

ahoiberg

julia, that's a great looking bowl. the northern catalpa is one of my favorite trees. i used to have a huge one in my front yard in colorado. please let me know if there's any extra blanks, i'd love to buy one.

kudos.

Nicely done, I don't see your signature on the bottom;) Is the grass really that long in Tennessee already[?] Just this morning I had to shovel the snow in front of my Igloo:D

jtate

Thanks y'all! I will be visiting with my Dad today and we'll be discussing cutting up the rest of the tree for turning wood! I'd lve to share it with my turning buddies rather than have it go in the gulch. We've never really sold any wood though so I'm not sure of the details (boxes, shipping...) Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Top Bottom