Cat/Animal Print Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Split'em in half and get two blanks. They'll look great.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I picked up some "cat/animal print" blanks from Ed and am wondering if anyone has tried to rip these to create two pens. I was thinking about it but wonder if it would mess up the design of the blank. It just seems to be a very wide blank. by the way, very cool blanks if you haven't seen them.
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=60
Any thoughts?

JWH

I cut them and was able to make one sierra, one comfort, and had a small piece left over for a key chain. Sold them both to the first people who saw them.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I believe Ed would prefer that you don't cut the blanks. He likes it much better if you buy a second one.:biggrin:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I got a Jr Gent rollerball and a nice Slimline from one.

Love 'em. Both sold as soon as shown, as well.

randyrls

I picked up some "cat/animal print" blanks from Ed and am wondering if anyone has tried to rip these to create two pens. I was thinking about it but wonder if it would mess up the design of the blank. It just seems to be a very wide blank. by the way, very cool blanks if you haven't seen them.
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=60
Any thoughts?

Eric; I have ripped two baron blanks for a pen set from one of Ed's blanks. It takes some careful cutting on a band saw and using a narrow blade but it can be done and it isn't noticeable unless you are going to do a no-center-bank pen. This is just a quick photo and isn't to scale...

1_Cutting_a_Cat_blank_for_barons.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
First I have seen this thread, spent all day yesterday turning!!! That was fun, it's been a while!!

Now, first, you should have gotten a sheet with that "Catcutting 101" that gives my simple answer. If you did not get it, PM me your email address and I will email you one.

VERY simple answer, you can cut dead center and get two barons out. SOME have cut dead center and got two Jr. Gent. I have gotten ONE, blew up my second. But, cut a little OFF center and a Jr. Gent and any 7mm pen should be easy.

Top Bottom