Casting PR Directly onto Photo Paper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

My apologies if this has been covered, but I did several searches and read through a lot of posts, but haven't found this specifically covered.

How (if you can) cast PR onto *commercially* printed photographs? I've seen all the tricks about printing onto Avery labels, using decal labels and the like, but what about casting directly onto photo stock? CA melts the inks, as does the PR itself. What can you coat it with? Would a spray on lacquer or polyurethane protect the coating?

Thanks,

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Some use Mode Podge but I haven't had any luck with it. It does a great job gluing and sealing with making the colors stand out. My problem with it is that the resin separates from it when cast. Like I said other use it with good results and you could be one of them. I use plain White Elmers glue. I use it to glue everything to the tubes and when it comes to pictures I also use it to seal the photo. That seems to work best for me. Good Luck.

Abby

I use Delta Ceramcoat All-Purpose Sealer ( from Hobby Lobby or Michaels). Use a high quality photo paper. After it's glued to the tube paint on a coat of the sealer and let it completely dry. I have a collection of 18 photo pens from our 25th anniversary trip to Alaska. They are just as good today (four years later) as the dat they were made.

seamus7227

someone recently posted that they wrapped their labels with box tape and that worked, so i would imagine you could do the same with a photograph.

vtgaryw

Thanks, all, I'll try some or all of these. I was surprised to hear Elmer's glue, I wouldn't have thought it dried clear enough, but I guess it does now that I think of it.

-gary

vtgaryw

I didn't have any luck with the Elmer's glue - came out too milky, wasn't able to get an even coat.

Same with the box tape - worked okay on a very small section, but haven't yet been able to figure out how to get it down bubble free.

I have a can of the Sealer on order, that should work fine.

-gary

Kenny Durrant

Hi Gary I just saw your last thread. You said it came out milky? The only time I've had trouble was when the glue wasn't completly dry or too thick. I always water it down to get a nice even coat. I also haven't had any luck with the plastic type stickers. All I use are paper printed, cloth, stamps or snake skins. Good Luck

Top Bottom