Casting experiment final result

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from amtechrs

amtechrs

Some of you might recognize the cast portion of this blank from the casting section of the blank making forum. I thought this one came out good enough to finish out. Thought it would fit well onto a celtic twist kit. Resin is Alumilite slow, wood is Oregon Myrtlewood, finish is CA. Sorry for so many pictures (again), but it is SO hard to get something that halfway represents the depth and color reflectivity. These came the closest. The thin resin segments came from the cutoffs of the original pour. Also my first attempt at this kind of segmenting...
PXL_20240318_214523871.jpg

PXL_20240318_214550183.jpg

PXL_20240318_214817913.jpg

PXL_20240318_214501642.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thank you all for your very kind words! And again, @Kenny Durrant , for your advice!
Richard you did all the thinking and work. You deserve all the credit. I'm glad I was able to give you a few tips. They were just the way I do things. Not to take away from your gorgeous pen just food for thought. There's several different ways to achieve the same results. As in a 1000 ways to skin a cat. Some things will interchange and some won't. You went about it the right way. Find out all you can about the different ways to do something and go from there. You need to figure out what you can and can't do and will and won't do. Then do what works best for for. Thank You for sharing you journey to make an outstanding blank and pen.

Top Bottom