Casting Demo at local Guild

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

I will be presenting casting to the Grand River Woodturners Guild in Grand Rpaids in the morning. First time I'm going to present anything outside of work presentations. I am a bit anxious as I'll be the youngest one there as well as one of the least experienced with turning. And I'm their first demo from a person outside of their guild, but I will try to dazzle them with some creativitiy.

Thanks to Phil (Firewhatfire), Curtis (as I pulled direct info. from them for handouts) and all the other casters on here for some great ideas in the presentation. I just hope I look like I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Just remember to add the catalyst. at least thats what Jonathon (Brooks803) reminded me to do the night before I was supposed to do mine a couple of weeks ago. I had a crowd of about 75.

The main thing is have fun.

Phil

carpblaster

firewhatfire,let me know when they are going to do your video,i would like to watch if i would not bein the way, you may have to do it in your garage or out the side door,
plus any one know how to get my web site address on the bottom of my comments and everytime i post things

Buzzzz4

It went very well. Got to know some great local guys. There were about 50ish people there. Their turninigs vary from bowls down to small turnings. Covered PR casting and demonstrated Alumilite as that is my favorite medium. Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• Casting Demo 2.jpg
    Casting Demo 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Casting Demo.jpg
    Casting Demo.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 115

navycop

firewhatfire,let me know when they are going to do your video,i would like to watch if i would not bein the way, you may have to do it in your garage or out the side door,
plus any one know how to get my web site address on the bottom of my comments and everytime i post things

Go to user CP at the top. Then where is say signature you can add your website.

John Smith

Eric did a great job with the casting demo at our meeting today. He presented well, and I learned a lot. Now if I can only I can remember all of it. Hope we can get together again. Thanks for the demo Eric.

firewhatfire

tuesday morning is when it will be done.

Top Bottom