casings??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

If you buy them, make sure the primers have been removed. It's nearly impossible to remove them without the proper tool. It's very difficult to drill them on center with the primers intact. I buy them unprimed from Cabela. Either the 308 or 30-06 will work. The 3006 is slightly longer than the standard slimline tube. The inside tip on both are slightly larger 7mm tube. There are many ways to combat this problem. I drill a 7/16 hole and then glue the 7mm tube inside the 7/16 tube. The link page I copied is not working, so go to Cabela's website and search: Remington Unprimed Rifle Brass

Rmartin

bkc

Where do you get the 7/16 tube? I've got casings galore here (hubby reloads) so I'd like to try making some of these pens. Is it the slimline pen kit that's used? Or can others be used too?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Texasbeachbum

30-30 work good too. The keyring is a 308 and the pen is a 30-30

2007722162848_100_0898.jpg

tntwoodcrafts

I use new .308 reload shells and a slimline kit for my cartridge pens and they have no primers to deal with. I drill the hole for the brass tubes in two stages.........7/32 and then 17/64. I have to then file out the hole a bit so the tube is not too snug in the hole. If it is too snug you may damage the transmission when pressed in as there is no room for expansion of the tube.....trust me! For the nib end I use a small piece of 1/4" shrink tube to take up the slack there as the slug end is slightly larger than the brass tube.
227972150.jpg

I use a CB on mine as they look unfinished to me...........my preference and they sell better! I use the centre bushing from the Euro Designer to turn the tenon. That's the way I do it!

TH

Tanner

I get them from Gary and they are awesome. Gloss black, Chrome, powder coated, he has them all. Quick, easy and the finished pen looks great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom