Carved Santa Ornaments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skywizzard

skywizzard

A few Christmas ornaments for gifts. Most of these I carved while watching the World Series. I just got around to painting them. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Santa-Ornaments.jpg
    Santa-Ornaments.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 325
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skywizzard

Got a question----you watched the game in your shop or you carved those in the house???????????

Good question Gary. No I don't have an TV in the shop. With my AADD that would be too dangerous. :) I carved these in the house which doesn't please the LOML. I'm not like some guys who can do that and never drop a shaving. I make a terrible mess.

The ornaments range from about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches tall.

skywizzard

They look great, I saw that article and wanted to give them a try, maybe I'll have to now

Tim, I have only been carving for about a year, these were really easy and I thought they would make nice little gifts, or even decorations for a Christmas package. I want to try some of the other carvings in the article, the problem is, there is just not enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do! ... and that doesn't even include the things I have to do:frown:

skywizzard

What article? They are really nice looking.

Cindy, It was in Woodcarving Illustrated Magazine's Special Holiday edition. I picked up a copy at Books-A-Million. They should still be available at most major bookstores. It features 39 Christmas carving projects, from beginner to pretty advanced.

jttheclockman

Wendell

Those look great. You have really gotten the carving thing going now. I admire those that can carve because it takes the ability to see the image in your mind as your hands work. There is a wire missing in my connection:) One of these days I do want to learn some carving because it can embellish some turnings also. Thanks for showing and keep those chip flying or least in a neat pile. :)

Top Bottom