• Majestic Jr.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Navi/Reinhart/Sedona

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Jr. Statesman

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Jr. Retro

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • What the heck is a "kit"? I say kitless or nothing!

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other - suggest something else in a reply

Votes: 38 16.1%

• Total voters

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Gatsby Style

While these look like sierra's there is an important difference they are finel twist operated rather than barrel twist.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

My daily carry pen is an ordinary BIC or similar. I keep some samples of MY pens in plastic tubes in my purse in case I want to give one away or trade for bowl blank wood!
:eek::eek::eek:

ren-lathe

I have about 60 sample pens of various kits and materials so if some one wants to see something I can show it. I grab whatever catches my fancy when I leave for the day, although I do tend to lean to a cigar & a Baron or Statesman roller ball.

Penultimate

carry pens and pencils

My main daily writer is an walnut El Grande with custom ebony and cherry finial. I like the curved plastic finger grip area. I squeeze my writing instruments pretty hard so it doesn't hurt like the metal Sierra's. Also, the plastic doesn't show dirt when I'm in the factory with dirty oily hands. However, my red pen is a redwood burl sierra, my pencil is a sierra and my back up is a Wall Street 1.

maxman400

I have carried an Olympian II for the last year dressed in emerald green PR. With a Pilot V5 RT X Fine rolling ball refill.

76winger

I've carried an Apollo for about a year and like it very well. More recently I've been carrying around my stars & strips executive that I messed up last month and didn't get the stars in deep enough. it's a very comfortable pen to hold and little lighter to carry than the Apollo. I liked the rollerball cartridge in though, so when the standard cartridge runs out on the Exec, it'll probably get switched to a gel or private reserve replacement cartridge.

mick

My daily carry is one of two different Jr Statesman. One a Fountain pen dressed in Chittam Burl the other a roller ball from Snakewood. I also rotate a Ultra Cambridge from Crotch Walnut into the mix.

leehljp

Member Liaison
99% of the time, I carry one like the photo below. I made about 12 so far and used number 4 for a year, (LOML has number 3) gave it away, then made another for myself, then more. I hope to get back to making them again soon.

1_30_Pieces_of_Silver.jpg

Click here for a larger view:
http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=6219

monark88

#1 is a Nouveau Sceptre Amboyna Burl in a cheap pouch in my pocket and a free giveaway Euro type pen in my shirt pocket.

The Euro is the best. The mechanism is nothing like I've seen in any kit.

Russ

Top Bottom