Caribbean Waters Rhino Plastic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

...with brass trim. Bock 6mm nib. Thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• blueandbrass.jpg
    blueandbrass.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 297
  • blueandbrassc.jpg
    blueandbrassc.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Very nice. Did you start with a kit and then make modifications or did you make all of the metal parts as well? I did not recognize the kit if so.

Very nice work!

dgscott

Very nice. Did you start with a kit and then make modifications or did you make all of the metal parts as well? I did not recognize the kit if so.

Very nice work!

Thank you for your kind words. Nope -- no kit here, just plastic and brass. Wish I could say I made the watch as well! :rolleyes:
Doug

brownsfn2

Very nice work!

Thank you for your kind words. Nope -- no kit here, just plastic and brass. Wish I could say I made the watch as well! :rolleyes:
Doug

Really cool. All with a wood lathe then? Or did you need a Metal Lathe? Just curious.

dgscott

Did you make acrylic inserts? Why not just thread the RP?

In my experience (which doesn't count for much), PR is very brittle. While threads can be cut, they tend not to hold up over time. Given the fact that the coupler is brass, I wanted to have something more durable than PR so the threads wouldn't wear as much over time, thus the ebonite insert. Thanks for asking.
Doug

dgscott

Really cool. All with a wood lathe then? Or did you need a Metal Lathe? Just curious.

Thank you! Actually, I use both a metal and a wood lathe. The metal lathe is used for basic construction, but I like to use the wood lathe for final shaping -- it gives me a chance to get my hands on the piece while it's being worked, kind of like a potter's wheel.
Doug

Texatdurango

Just when I have myself convinced that my accent bands are too wide, out you come with this and get me to re-thinking the whole width thing again....... very nice indeed!

Top Bottom