Carbon Fiber Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Okay, so I know there are a couple folks out there who cast the carbon fiber blanks and a buddy of mine wants me to make one for him...not a problem. His question to me was "If you know people who work with carbon fiber, can they wrap a pair of nunchucks and a sai?"

So, I put this out there...does anyone who works with carbon fiber out there have the ability to do this? If so please PM me and I'll give you his contact info. Thank you!!! Also, who's the best caster to go through for quality carbon fiber blanks here on the IAP? I've been out of it for a while now.

V/r
Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Ha ha ha, not really. I've been designing coins in my free time for work and making going away gifts. That mixed with a heavy travel schedule that just doesn't let up and finishing my degree has more or less halted all pen productions. I have a little more than a year left at my current assignment and after that I'll have more free time...gotta wait a bit longer, ha ha ha.

PTownSubbie

Glad to see you imerge from your hole!!!

Why can't you just use a carbon fiber sleeve for the nunchuck handles?

They make sleeving in many different diameters....

plano_harry

The carbon fiber film is very good and probably gives a straighter result than the sleeve I used. If you are careful, the seem should disappear.

wiset1

Glad to see you imerge from your hole!!!

Why can't you just use a carbon fiber sleeve for the nunchuck handles?

They make sleeving in many different diameters....

Fred,

Still in the hole, ha ha ha. Never seem to have the time I once had before working where I do now. Another year and I'll be able to move to a new position. I imagine my buddy could do many different things to gain results, but I think it was more of a general wonderment when I told him I could make the CF pen.

wiset1

The carbon fiber film is very good and probably gives a straighter result than the sleeve I used. If you are careful, the seem should disappear.

I may tell him to look into this. Years ago I looked into water prints for custom car parts that looked like carbon fiber, but I don't know if he plans to display them or use them...have to ask I guess.

So do you cast CF blanks? Gotta check your gallery:bulgy-eyes:

plano_harry

I may tell him to look into this. Years ago I looked into water prints for custom car parts that looked like carbon fiber, but I don't know if he plans to display them or use them...have to ask I guess.

So do you cast CF blanks? Gotta check your gallery:bulgy-eyes:

Tim, I have not started casting yet, I just glue up the tubes and pay my friends to cast them since I do such low volume.

Glad you are back, even if only for a while. I love to see your pens.

Top Bottom