Carbon Fiber Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joseph10s

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseph10s

I casted these a few weeks ago but had some technical difficulties due to a new casting procedure and didn't get around to turning them until yesterday. From left to right: Chrome Wall Street II with carbon fiber and Kevlar weave. Chrome Baron with carbon fiber body and 50/50 carbon fiber and blue fiberglass weave.

tn_IMGP13170c_filtered.jpg
tn_IMGP13150c-small.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

neon007

Great job. I am working on casting some carbon fiber as I type this. Where are you getting you CF. I get mine from US Composites? What did you use to cut it with? I am using a razor blade but it isn't the best thing. Anyway great work!!

joseph10s

Thanks for your comments. I get my carbon fiber from Soller Composites. The blank prep is the hardest part. It took me about four attempts to get almost everything right (still working out a few things). But, I use a small sharp scissors to cut the CF. The Kevlar is another story, though and I don't think I will be making another one of those blanks anytime soon.

Be sure to post some photos when you finish your pen.

joseph10s

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Eric, I think that one is my favorite.

Frank, I actually don't glue the carbon fiber to the tubes. I tried using CA a couple of times but for some reason it wasn't casting well. So I guess now I use the PR to "glue" the CF to the tubes during casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom