Carbide cutters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I've seen various lathe tools that use carbide cutters and I believe there are several people here that use them.
What is the standard size that is most used?
I have to get some and found a place that has them, but the catch is, I have to purchase them in batches of 25.

They are 150mm radius (they have both square corners and round corners available) and they have a 6.2mm center hole. Would anyone have a need for that size? I would never use 25 of them and might have to find another place to get them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Crafts supply is running a sale and I would suggest stay away from the square edge cutters. The rounded corners and the total round cutters are the easier to use and more versatile. I also get the diamond cutters for detail work. You will not go through 3 of those cutters in a long time if you get yourself a good diamond hone system. Here is the one I highly recommend. you can shop the price around. I use the Ci1-R2 and the CiO. These are my thoughts and my thoughts alone. :)

www.amazon.com/Trend-DWS-KIT-Comple...d=1480644238&sr=8-3&keywords=trend+sharpening

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
Wow! Thank you for all of the links.
I only need one, maybe two of them and
using the links, I found some that would
probably work better than the one I posted about.
I like the idea of the round cutters also. I just wasn't
able to find them, so I thought the radius cutters
would suffice.

THANKS!

wood-of-1kind

John,

I sell them all, square, round and diamond shape. Let me know what you need and I am certain that I can take care of all of your carbide inserts needs.

Top Bottom