carbide cutters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steamshovel

I read it somewhere about carbide cutters with a good price and now I can't remember. My memory is a thing of the past-the far past. Does anyone know where I can go? I tried a search and found nothing.

Thanks, Preston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

Can you guys list some part numbers that you're buying from Global to replace the EWT cutters?

that would probably help a bunch of people that are asking where to get them.

steamshovel

I should make it more clear, the carbide cutters that you use for woodturning is what I am wanting. They come in different sizes square, round,diamond shaped, & ? They have a screw hole in the middle to mount the cutter and the square one you have 4 sides to turn with.

Thanks, Preston

longbeard

This is what i use from Global tooling but i made the holder from 1/2'' key stock and turned a handle.

For "Byrd" Shelix ® Journal (Helical) Heads --15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm - 4-edge - Radius Faces
100mm face radius - 15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm. Fits "Byrd" Shelix ® Heads - Byrd Ref. P/N 1791212 (Priced per knife, sold in boxes of 10.) Knives marked with 'BT'

Harry

This is what i use from Global tooling but i made the holder from 1/2'' key stock and turned a handle.

For "Byrd" Shelix ® Journal (Helical) Heads --15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm - 4-edge - Radius Faces
100mm face radius - 15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm. Fits "Byrd" Shelix ® Heads - Byrd Ref. P/N 1791212 (Priced per knife, sold in boxes of 10.) Knives marked with 'BT'

Harry

Those are the ones I get as well. The shipping is rediculous, but it still comes to way cheaper than elsewhere.

TonyL

I bought the square and round ones from these guys : AZ Carbide - Carbide Cutters and Inserts for Woodturning Tools
They are priced pretty much in the middle and are compatible with my Easy Wood Tools. So far I like them, but I am getting used to using a skew.

I didn't find that I had as many options if I was going to stay with my EWT handles. I am sure Captn Eddie and others make darn good cutters too. I would love to patronize Captn Eddie if I could.

shastastan

+1 for AZ Carbide (azcarbide.com) - Dale will get you what you need at a good price. And he uses flat rate shipping $2. I just built 7 tools using his cutters, and love every one.

I also buy from Dale. He gives fast service and will answer any questions you have via a fast email response.

Top Bottom