carbide cutters!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Animyzo

Animyzo

Made myself some handles for the carbide cutter set my girlfriend got me for Xmas .

Attachments

• 20131226_201009.jpg
    20131226_201009.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 347
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Great handles!!! The bars look like the ones I purchased from Capt'n Eddie...are they? I'm currently using his metal handles but would prefer wooden ones (not as cold when working in my unheated garage during the winter...) and wonder how you made the handles...drill a round hole for a square shank? Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you throughout the New Year!

Animyzo

Used my new barracuda 2000 chuck to hold it, rammed a 5/8 in forsner down 3.5 inches. Popped on my copper ferrules after shaping it. Then filled the hole with a steel strand epoxy.

Used a friction finish so I can always slap more wax on it.

And yes, those are from Eddie.

robutacion

Used my new barracuda 2000 chuck to hold it, rammed a 5/8 in forsner down 3.5 inches. Popped on my copper ferrules after shaping it. Then filled the hole with a steel strand epoxy.

Used a friction finish so I can always slap more wax on it.

And yes, those are from Eddie.

Are they copper ferrules...???, I could swear they were copper reductions, they look great, tough...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Old Codger

Thanks! I thought they looked like Capt'n Eddie's bars and cutters... I use them often and really like both the bars and cutters but have often thought of shifting to wood handles rather than the metal covered handles. I appreciate the info on how you drilled out the handles and I really like the copper ferrules...they not only add strength to the handles/bars, but also enhance the wood handles! Nice turning and idea...Thanks for sharing! Safe turning to you this New Year!

Top Bottom