Candy Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aredee

Aredee

This is one of my first bowls. It is Made from hackberry. Tell me what you think
Thanks
Craig

Attachments

• hackleberry bowl.jpg
    hackleberry bowl.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 169
  • candy bowl.jpg
    candy bowl.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 122
  • inside bowl.jpg
    inside bowl.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aredee

Thank you for all of your comments much appreciated.

I think it's excellent for your first try. What's that at the bottom?
The bottom is a walnut plug I put in I accidentally drilled a hole so I decided I would plug it with a contrasting wood. I kind of like it so I think I will put in in all my bowls kind of like a signature.

good looking bowl for the first try, never thought that hackberry would look like that, huh?:wink:

I think it is hackberry at least that was what I wast told. Again I am a nub. so if you think it is something else please let me know I hate to say it is one thing when it is not. Thanks

bitshird

Nice bowl for your first try, the inside could stand a bit of refinement but the finish looks good and the shape is pleasing to my eyes. Inside are the most difficult part of a bowl, if you can find an inside scraper, one with the left edge ground on a curve they help, Shear scraping is good too once it's mastered but that takes a while.

Jgrden

Nice work. I like the amount of candy it will hold. Remind me, however, not to use Hackberry for pen blank. Wait, I looked at the last picture first. Now that I have seen the first and finished picture, I like it. Sorry. I need some Hackberry now. Would you like to trade some Ebony, guaranteed to split, for some Hackberry?

Top Bottom