Candle holder and Candle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pyurgal

pyurgal

Here is a candle holder and candle that I made recently. The holder is made out of maple and the candle is lignum. The holder is about 12 inches high and the candle is about 8 inches long. I hardest time trying to figure out what to use for a wick until I looked at my weed whacker. The string for it makes a pretty good wick. :)
For a first try at them, I think they came out pretty good. Good enough that my wife wants me to make 2 more in different sizes so we can use them as a center piece on the table.

Paul

Attachments

• candle_stick_small.jpg
    candle_stick_small.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I looked at the picture first and hought the candle was real! It looks like it would be a real challenge to turn the skinny stem.

Nice job,hope you post the picture of the three of them when done.

Steve

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
The candle out of Lignum was a nice touch, it gets a nice waxy feel like a real candle. Well done

ctubbs

Beautiful work, both the candle and holder, but you know I just have to ask, How many of those thin stems broke before the masterpiece we are seeing? I just had to ask knowing what my floor would look like, not to mention the wall where the junk would still be stuck. Can hardly wait for the set to show up.
Charles

pyurgal

Thanks for the comments.

As for breaking the stems, I did not break any. I did a proof of concept piece first and then this one. I was really lucky. :biggrin: I took it very slow when I was working on the stem. Very light cuts.

I will make sure that I post the completed set when I get them done.

Paul

Top Bottom