Can this CA glue work? Wonder the Swede

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Umeubbe

Hey you, who know and can everything.

This glue I found in a shop for model builders, I can use it to finish? Grateful for answers.
Ps. Sorry for those blurry pictures

Sincerely / Urban Sweden

CIMG2401.jpg

CIMG2405.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Yes it can . Use the method that you saw on youtube but do a couple of more coats to build a thicker coating . The best thing to to do is try it on some scrap wood that you turned to pen size blanks to practice on . This way you won't waste good wood if you don't get it right the first time . Don't give up if the first few tries don't work , experiment a little and try to find a method that works for you . If you have problems with paper towels then try some wax paper or the plastic bags that the pen kits come in . Just start as simple as you can to get an acceptable result then work on it from there .
There is no right or wrong way to do a CA finish , just the way that works for you . If you have any problems just ask more questions .

2cor520

Looks like the right stuff. Ditto lbd2000, if it does not work at first try again. Don't give up it is a great finish

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL :biggrin: Don't you just love the label???:biggrin:

It says 'Made in England' but if you're not happy with it, then send it to USA:biggrin:

Urban, try and find one with a 'Use by date' on the label. If there is still about a year left, then it is still nice and fresh.

Umeubbe

Thank you very much guys.

I will be braver and test my way. I promise to come back when I have made a new pen and show if it looks better. :biggrin:

Sincerely / Urban

Mr Vic

Went to www.greatplanes.com The label they show has a Made In USA stamp. The list a distributer in Sweden so it's possible it's bottled in England. A Harley is made in USA but no telling where the parts come from.....

Top Bottom