Can I sneak this one in?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

After seeing all the really great looking pens posted today I almost didn't bother with this one, but I told a few of you in my other post that I would so here it is. It doesn't really do anything for me, it's sort of blah looking, just not enough detail in it. I won't be doing another plastic pen until I get better at this. I stink at turning plastic.

Acrylester.jpg

Thanks for looking!

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

RT, I am glad you said that was plastic, I was going to say, what a nice ebony pen. I got to hand it to you, I have never turned a resin pen that thin. you did a hell of a job. I always make fat resins pens, less material to cut. Anthony

YoYoSpin

There is a little trick to turning plastics...use scrapers with a "negative rake"; that is, with no burr on the edge. If you remove the burr, and maybe a little more off the cutting edge, the tool will not catch or dig into the plastic and will leave a much smoother surface.

WoodChucker

Anthony, Fred in NC, Fred Ritter,

Wow, you guys really made my day, thanks! Truth is, I didn't even think about how much more material I'd have to take off by making a slimline until I started turning it. I think I'll keep this one because I have no plans to ever make another one, not for a slimline pen anyway. [:D]

Thanks YoYoSpin, I appreciate the tip and will give it a try.

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom