Camera Information

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lincoln Street

Passed Away May 26, 2017
In Memoriam
I need to improve photos. I know it may just be me but I need a new camera anyhow. Was thinking about the Canon Power Shot SX 40, the Nikon Coolpix L120 or something in a similar price range. Anyone with one of these cameras or a similar have any thoughts. Any help you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Love my Canon XS10IS, I've had Nikon equipment(but I can't recommend them-had a LOT of issues), just remember it's not so much the megapixels as the sensor inside.

Scott (lots of deals out there now) B

alphageek

Former Moderator
The SX40 is a ROCKING camera. If I didn't have an SLR, I would be on that camera in a moment. As it is, there is times I wonder if we need a 3rd camera just to have that one in my house.

The combination of a CMOS sensor, huge zoom and good "software" in camera makes that one a winner in my opinion.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
The SX40 is a ROCKING camera. If I didn't have an SLR, I would be on that camera in a moment. As it is, there is times I wonder if we need a 3rd camera just to have that one in my house.

The combination of a CMOS sensor, huge zoom and good "software" in camera makes that one a winner in my opinion.

You do need a third camera. One for you, Wife and daughter. That's three. :biggrin:

avbill

three cameras ha! 4 hasselblads, 3 canons, 1 nikon, 1 olympic, 1 4x5 15x7 1 8x10, 1 stereo camera, and roughy 15 antique camera that still work and my wife has her camera a point and shoot!

three camera Ha!

alphageek

Former Moderator

You do need a third camera. One for you, Wife and daughter. That's three. :biggrin:

Ummm... actually I meant a third CANON :) We all have cameras (but my daughters is a kodak someone else bought). Add to that that we all have iPhones and my latest iPhone with a CMOS sensor takes pretty darn good pictures too.

Top Bottom