Cambridge in BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from simomatra

Status
Not open for further replies.

simomatra

This one went straight away and is now winging its way to England.

The kit is the new Cambridge and finished with Ubeaut's Shellawax

Cheers sam

200811853845_CAMBRIDGE55.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louisbry

Nice looking pen, Sam. The BOW figure is particulary striking and goes well with the Cambridge. How does the shellawax finish hold up for you. I read on your Woodwork Forums that if one is careful not to handle the finished pen before it cures and allows the pen to cure sufficiently before assembly, the finish is durable and lasting. That is not the prevailing opinion on IAP. I for one like the friction polish for my bowls and turned boxes and would like to try for pens if it would hold up.

simomatra

Originally posted by louisbry
<br />Nice looking pen, Sam. The BOW figure is particulary striking and goes well with the Cambridge. How does the shellawax finish hold up for you. I read on your Woodwork Forums that if one is careful not to handle the finished pen before it cures and allows the pen to cure sufficiently before assembly, the finish is durable and lasting. That is not the prevailing opinion on IAP. I for one like the friction polish for my bowls and turned boxes and would like to try for pens if it would hold up.

I have found the finish to hold up ok but have since making this shifted to Rustins clear plastic finish as finish of choice. Very little smell need a good curing time but lasts well, also gets a great polish when you use the Rustins burnishing cream.

I like this kit a lot a at the moment only a few in Australia, I am awaiting my next delivery and have included fountain pens

The background is a line table napkin

Thanks for looking

simomatra

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />Hi Sam.
I feel like we're old friends; didn't realize you're new here.
Great looking pen. Super job.

Thanks Gary been signed up for a while but never posted all cured now

The pen purses are going down a treat by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom