Calling all Turkey call makers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shadetree_1

Hi folks,

Just wanted to know if we had any Turkey call makers hiding in the woodwork out there to see if there is an interest in me posting a classified ad for call blanks of my assorted woods, woods such as Desert Ironwood-Desert Willow-Mesquite-and numerous others.

What say you ??

And what size blank do you normaly use? And I will offer 2 or 3 different sizes.

Thanks

Joe and Linda:biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nsfr1206

I guess you are meaning duck and goose and small game calls? Turkey calls I have made take about 1" thick by 4" diameter. Post some blanks. I'd like to see em

I use 5" by 3/4 - 1" thick to start. My calls use 3.5" striker plates.

Not sure how these woods would sound/turn, but interested in trying - but honestly I have sooo much walnut, cedar and other woods right now while still trying to "dial in" my calls that experimenting with other woods is outside my time allowances!

I was just playing with some osage orange and it frustrated me so much I am putting it away for now.

Side Note - I collect and distribute calls to wounded warriors here on Quantico during turkey hunts we do in the spring to anyone who wants to donate calls.

nsfr1206 - you can make calls from the wing bones of turkey's - its a cobble of smaller to larger bones you play like a horn (I've never used one)

McBryde

That's just becaue those rio's are the dumbest birds in the world, LOL. I know, I grew up killing them. These easterns are a whole different ball game!

E

Top Bottom