Calligraphy pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spnemo

I had a relative request a calligraphy pen. I know the nibs are different than a standard fountain pen nib. Where should I look for calligraphy pen parts? ( I have checked the Golden Nib)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chthulhu

What KIND of calligraphy? The square-tip nibs used for italic writing are completely different from the pointed flexible nibs used for variable line widths.

What is usually marketed as a "calligraphy set" is a cartridge fountain pen with one or more crisp italic nibs, or sometimes a dip pen with Speedball lettering nibs.

Occasionally, though, I see "calligraphy sets" that are dip pens with one or more flexible nibs.

If your relative wants a fountain pen with a flexible nib, you may have to find a vintage fountain pen from which to obtain the nib and feed. If it's an italic that's desired, pick up a Sheaffer calligraphy pen and use the nib unit; it will accept Sheaffer cartridges, short international cartridges, or standard converters ("ink pumps").

titan2

Sean,

I've made up kits for Calligraphy/Dip pens w/o the nibs as they are many to choose from for what you need or want.

Send me a PM if you'd like to know more.

Later,

Barney

Top Bottom